This is the bullet proof vest you want.
It offers class IIIA (3A) protection to stop almost all handgun rounds and is available for the unbeatable price of $299.00. BulletSafe puts a bulletproof vest within reach of more people than ever before. Order yours today.What is class IIIA and why is it the right vest for me?
A class IIIA (3A) vest is right for you because it will keep you safe from the bullets of almost every handgun. Our vest will protect you from everything from a BB gun to a .44 magnum. Most gun violence is committed with hand guns (69%) and that is what our vest will protect you from.Is this the best bulletproof vest on the market?
It is truly among the best bulletproof vests on the market regardless of price. It is also the least expensive IIIA bulletproof vest on the market. You cannot get a level IIIA vest anywhere else for this price. You also can't find one with body armor pockets, full-velcro side closures, this level of coverage, and this level of quality anywhere else.What bullets can this vest protect against?
A Class IIIA vest can protect against almost all handgun rounds. IIIA vests (ours included) are tested with bullets up to a .44 Magnum, which is a really powerful round. This vest will protect again smaller rounds as well. We are quite comfortable in saying that a class IIIA vest will protect you from almost any handgun you will encounter and certainly any handgun that someone conceals. Handgun violence makes up most of the shooting injuries in the US, so this bulletproof vest offers a great level of protection for you.What won't it protect against?
No vest will protect against every bullet, and a IIIA vest won't protect against heavy rifle fire without added armor plates. That is why our vest has front and rear plate pockets and why we sell ballistic plates as well.Almost anyone can order a bulletproof vest from us.
We can ship vests to 49 states (not Connecticut, and not internationally). Unless you have a felony conviction, you can legally order and own a bullet proof vest. The law does not limit your ability to be safe.Who buys bulletproof vests.
Bulletproof vests are popular for police officers, security personnel, repo men, investigators, pawn brokers, gas station attendants, avid shooters, hunters, preppers, and anyone else who wants to protect themselves from danger.
Why is it a vest?
The bulletproof vest has evolved into a vest shape to protect your most vital organs and keep you alive if there is an incident. Body armor is most comfortable when it is lightweight and you can move freely. For these reasons, a vest without a collar is the best configuration.What are the pouches on the front and back for?
If you ever decide that you want protection from rifle rounds or heavier weaponry, you'll need to acquire additional body armor. That armor will go into those pouches. We won't make a vest without them.Where can I buy this vest?
You can order your vest right on this page and we will ship it out immediately from our warehouse in Troy, Michigan. It will arrive at your door quickly.
BulletSafe vests are also available in a little more than 20 retail stores in the US. We are currently expanding the number of retailers that stock our vest. We are especially interested in stores that will help us get our vests into the hands of police officers and security guards.What does this vest look like concealed under a uniform shirt? Is it concealable?
These bullet proof vests are available in five sizes:
S, M, L, XL, and XXL.The BulletSafe Bulletproof Vest Size Chart
Here is the BulletSafe size chart. Please note that we do not use a chest measurement for our size chart because most men do not accurately know their chest measurement. Our experience is that many different sized men will claim to have a 40 inch chest. Most men do know their height and their weight, so we use those measurements to size our vests. Fortunately, our vests run true-to-size, so if you know what size undershirt fits snugly around your chest, you can order your vest in that size.
You can download a full spec. sheet about the BulletSafe Vest here.
Another note on bulletproof vest sizing:
Your bulletproof vest needs to fit in two main areas: your chest and across your navel. The length of the vest is not important as you can use the shoulder straps to adjust it, only be concerned with diameter of your midsection and chest. If you are a thin man with a large belly try to order at the top of your size range so that you can fasten the vest around your mid-section. If you are a competitive cyclist with large legs and a slender waist, order at the bottom of your size range. If you know the size of an undershirt that fits snugly across your chest, order that same size vest.
Some comments from people who have come into our office and have been sized for their bulletproof vest:
- "I am an extra large man and I needed an extra large bulletproof vest. I thought I might have needed a 2X because I usually wear a 2X t-shirt, but I see that the vest is best worn tight like an undershirt, so XL it is." Note:
JF was 6'1" and 225lbs and a bouncer-type of build.
- "I wear a Large t-shirt normally but a medium undershirt so that it doesn't bunch up under a dress shirt. Usually though a medium undershirt is a little too short. Since the length of the vest is adjustable I went with a Medium vest. The large vest left too much of the velcro flaps hanging loose in the front." Note:
TN is 5'11" tall and 175 lbs. He has wide shoulders but a slim midsection, your shoulders stick out of the vest while your midsection is wrapped, so a Medium was best.
- "I'm a smaller guy that rides bikes a lot. I knew a small would be right and it is." Note:
KJ is 5'4" tall and 140 lbs, he has a slender mid-section.
- "I'm a 2X all the way, I've been 2X since high school. I'm 6'5" tall and 280 lbs. I'm surprised that I could probably gain 20 lbs and this would still fit me." Note:
This guy is super tall and although he is heavy, he didn't have a large midsection so a vest fits him well.
- "I'm 340 lbs and 6' tall, I can't wear a 2X or even a 3X t-shirt so I didn't think a vest would fit me and it didn't. I will have to get a custom made vest if I want one. I'm friends with the BulletSafe people and they are nice, but they didn't have a vest for me." Note:
Unfortunately, our bulletproof vests cannot fit everyone. It is a decision we had to make in order to keep our prices low.
- "I'm 6' tall and 190 lbs. According to the size chart any of three sizes would have been right for my height, but I fall right in the middle of the Large size for weight and that's what fit me when I visited the office. I was surprised because I wear an XL shirt. I never buy a Large at all because I like to wear my shirts loose. They joked at the BulletSafe office that maybe I should be buying smaller shirts and when I mentioned it to my wife, she said that I do wear my shirts too big." Note:
CH fit right into a large. He probably would have been happy with a Medium or an Extra Large because the velcro closures allow our bulletproof vests to fit lots of people, but a Large was the right size.